Thursday, May 31, 2007

Snakes@middle of night

Oops!! Too much of this place is growing upon me that I am picking up the local accent... lol... guess you have figured out both the puns by now. Sorry Mr. A, no offence - just pulling your leg as usual.

Its just that Mr. Diamond was hungry last night at 3 so he, me and THE MAN went out for bun omlette to Jamalpur. Though only Diamond was hungry but the rest or us built up the appetite by walking quite a bit. Debating over topics from movies to current affairs to girls and indulging into their favourite passtime - I guess we did it all on the way up.

With food in tummy we decided to move our bummies - and landed up in a Sabji Mandi hustling bustling at 4:30 in the morning. Already telling each other how much of the city we left unexplored in 2 years we stopped over in the middle of Sardar Bridge. Design students turned environmentalists suddenly - commenting on the much much much hyped Sabarmati Riverfront Project. If you ask me, the riverfront is so prominent that I wonder where is the Sabarmati at all. Guess its hurts more now as I have been in the habit of waking up with the Sabarmati reflecting the sunlight on my face every morning. With all the ups and downs I have gone through in 2 years, the river has been a silent reassuring friend.

With the glow of dawn we headed back home - the three sleepy heads - three people who got to know each other a little better before they went their own way. Truely better late than never.

P.S. If you still havent figured out replace Snakes with Snacks ;-)

No comments: